For AS we are looking at 2 questions on Paper 2.
- Outline TWO factors (4 marks)
- Evaluate the advantages/disadvantages of using method X. (16 marks)
the 4 marker
Pretty simple stuff – for the 4 marker – 2 pretty straightforward well-identified/relevant factors that explained briefly and clearly.
Q1: Outline 2 ethical issues facing a researcher when choosing a research method (4 marks)
ie) One ethical issue when choosing a research method is regarding ‘lack of informed consent’. This is where a researcher does not have permission to study a group, where the group is not given an opportunity to refuse to be involved. A further ethical issue is….
the 16 marker
- The rule of thumb here is – RANGE of points.
- Focus on saying something about THEORETICAL matters, ie) if method is linked to positivism or interpretivism..or vice versa…ho they would challenge a method.
- Ensure that a range of practical/ethical factors are considered.
- For all points – express them clearly/explain them.
- Give examples where possible.
- Use ‘however’ frequently to flag up your evaluation points….examiners need help at times to spot your greatness!!!
Hope this helps!